Expected Products From Geological And Geochemical Mapping:
- Soft and hard copy of the interpreted remote sensing data integrated with topographical data for scales 1:100,000 and 1:500,000 of the project area. The digital copies shall be compatible with MIS;
- Digital data of selected thematic geophysical maps and images and interpretations as compatible Arc Info/Arc View coverage including ternary images of radiometric data, filtered grey-scale and other derivative images of total magnetic field, geophysical modeling of selected geophysical anomalies and cross-sections;
- Petrophysical and age dating database of major rock types found in the survey area;
- A set of digital and hard copies of provisional geological, geophysical (magnetic and radiometric) and structural maps (two copies of each sheet) at scale 1:100,000 and 1:500,000 of the project area. The digital copies shall be compatible with MIS, coded and presented as separate digital layers;
- A set of digital and hard copies of geochemical maps at scale 1:100,000;
- Published geochemical report;
- Provisional geological, geophysical, geochemical exploration programmes for short-, medium- and long-term.
Geoscientific Data Management
The following activities shall be implemented under the Project:
- modernizing the existing geological and mineral information system, including system design, training, equipment and software, including GIS update;
- compiling, digitizing and storing into GIS all available geological and mineral information generated prior and during the proposed project;
- Upgrading the capacity of the GST to process and disseminate geo-scientific data for a multi-sector client demand; and establish Geological Mineral Information System (GMIS) based on the GIS technology and relational databases.
Expected Products at the end of the Project:
- A fully equipped, operational remote sensing laboratory , GIS and internet/ Intranet network at GST
- A well-functioning GMIS with efficient data sets inter-linkages and all the necessary security measures; a geoscientific resource centre linking all the information systems within GST as well as possible links to other geoscientific institutions and MEM.
- digital data dissemination policy manuals;
- Knowledgeable and skilled personnel that can manage and maintain the new systems;
- A comprehensive user manual of the new geological and mineral information system and internet/intranet as well as up to date standards for map production;
- Computer based cataloguing system for the library, archive, museum displays and rock store;
- Updated geological and metallogenic maps of Tanzania ; an authoritative book on the geology, stratigraphy and mineral resources potential of Tanzania;
- Published 60 digital geological QDS maps ;
- Mineral resources potential of the country and GST services promotional materials; and
- A modern geological museum