- Countrywide low resolution airborne geophysical surveys were conducted by Geosurvey International (GmbH) in 1977 to 1979.
- High-altitude (200 m) and 1 km line spacing airborne geophysical mapping.
- Data available in QDS-wise as raw or/and processed. The data include: magnetics and radiometrics.
Systematic high resolution airborne geophysical survey conducted in selected areas by mineral exploration companies and other agencies such as BGR, UNDP, Geological Survey of Tanzania through the Geological Survey of Finland (GTK) as a Contractor (index map)
The new high resolution airborne geophysical data has been acquired by GTK in 2003, at 200m line spacing and 45 m flight altitude (see technical specifications)
Measured geophysical parameters:
- Magnetic total field
- Electromagnetic field with two or four frequencies
- Earth´s gamma radiation (K, U, Th and total radiation) DEM